PAN-Aadhaar: The government has made it mandatory to link PAN (Permanent Account Number) with Aadhaar. With the deadline approaching, it is crucial to complete the process before June 30, 2023. The earlier deadline of March 31, 2022 was extended to March 31, 2023 with a late fee of Rs 1,000. The deadline was subsequently extended by another three months to June 30, 2023.
To assist individuals in this endeavor, we have prepared a comprehensive step-by-step guide on how to link PAN with Aadhaar and pay the required fee of Rs 1,000.
PAN-Aadhaar Payment process for account holders in authorized banks:
If you have a bank account with any of the authorized banks listed below, follow these steps:
- Visit the official income tax e-portal at https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/and click on “Link Aadhaar” in the Quick Links section.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar numbers and click on “Validate”.
- Verify your details using the received OTP (One-Time Password) and click “Proceed” on the Income Tax tile.
- Select Assessment Year (AY) 2023-24 and choose “Type of Payment” as other receipts (500). Click “Continue”.
- The pre-filled amount of Rs 1,000 will appear in the “Others” box. Click “Continue” to proceed.
- On the next page, choose your preferred mode of payment, which will redirect you to your bank’s website.
- Complete the payment to successfully link your PAN with Aadhaar.
PAN-AadhaarPayment Process for Non-Account Holders in Authorized Banks:
For individuals who do not have a bank account with the authorized banks mentioned earlier, follow these steps:
- Visit the e-filing website of the Income Tax Department.
- Navigate to the e-Pay tax page on the website.
- Look for the hyperlink that says “Click here to go to NSDL (Protean) tax payment page for other banks” and click on it. This will redirect you to the Protean (NSDL) portal.
- On the Protean portal, click on “Proceed” under Challan No/ITNS 280.
- Select “(0021) Income Tax (Other than Companies)” under the “Tax Applicable (Major Head)” section.
- Choose “(500) Other Receipts” in the “Type of Payment (Minor Head)” section.
- Select the Assessment Year (AY) as 2023-24 and provide all other required details.
- Click on “Proceed” to proceed with the PAN-Aadhaar linking process.
Linking PAN with Aadhaar is a crucial step for individuals in India, and the government has extended the deadline to June 30, 2023. By following the appropriate steps outlined in this guide, individuals can successfully link their PAN with Aadhaar and complete the payment process. Ensure compliance with the mandatory requirements to avoid any penalties or inconvenience in the future.