Cloud Engineer :This role will be remote until October 2022 or when the Google office in Pune opens, (whichever is earlier). After this, you will be required to work from the Google Pune office.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Gurgaon, Haryana, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India; Pune, Maharashtra, India; Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Cloud Engineer Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience in security architecture, developing, or maintaining secure cloud solutions
- Experience in programming languages (Python, Go, Java, C++, or similar)
- Experience in creating Data Security design for secure data storage, access and processing using encryption and role management architectural best practices.
Cloud Engineer Preferred qualifications:
- Experience in Implementation with enterprise security solutions (i,e. IAM, VPC-SC, Cloud DLP, Data Catalog and cloud security posture management)
- Knowledge in compliance regulations (e.g., GDPR, SOX, HIPAA, etc.)
- GCP or any other cloud Security certification
- Ability to travel 30% of the time as needed depending on the region
- Excellent written and verbal communication and management skills, with a focus on translating complexity to non-specialist audiences
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what’s next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will provide technical guidance to customers adopting Google Cloud Platform services. You will provide prescriptive guidance in ensuring customers receive what Google Cloud Platform (GCP) can offer. You will be responsible for assisting customers in migrating, building, modernizing, and maintaining applications in Google Cloud Platform. You will also work with Product Management and Product Engineering teams to drive Google Cloud products and features
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Provide domain expertise on public and enterprise technology
- Collaborate with customers to design modern technical architectures and solutions that enable their business objectives
- Resolve technical challenges for customers and be a trusted technical advisor
- Create and deliver tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations by adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders